Feedreader.com - News

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes......

It is fun to talk and listen to children as their perspective about the world around them is so different from adults.  After being in the early childhood field for over thirty years, I  finally started writing down some of the funny things that I have heard.  Here are just a few.......

*A three year old heard the music of an ice cream truck while playing on the playground and his teacher made a comment about the yummy ice cream the man has in his truck.  The three year old said "That's not an ice cream truck.....that's a musical ambulance."  His parents did not want him to ask for ice cream when the truck came around so they told him it was a musical ambulance.

*In Kansas we have a lot of tornadoes.  A few months ago Wichita had a close call with a tornado wanting to touch down but did not.  A three year old came to daycare the next day and informed everyone that "There's a tomato in the sky!" 


*A three year old kept saying that she has a "nipple" on her cheek.  She meant that she had a dimple on her cheek!

*A four year old informed me that her mommy was going to have a baby, it is going to be a girl, and my sister's name is going to be Sweet Pea.  Mom was going to have a baby but they did not know the sex yet.  When they arrived at home that same day, the UPS people had left a large box at the front door.  The four year old saw the package and told mom "My baby sister is finally here!  Hurry up and open the box so she can breath!"    

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jill,
    Those two stories are so cute!!! Children have a very special way of seeing things. For example, we were al having lunch at my dad's and as usual the conversation was around my four year old step-nephew. My step-mum asked him where the universe is, and he responded so naturally: "In the night". I could die each time I hear them saying those kind of things.

    ReplyDelete